NOW HIRING: Dog Trainer (Full-time)
We are currently looking for a full time Dog Trainer to join our Alpharetta dog shelter team. In this role, the perfect candidate will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on the adoption floor during the busy part of the weekend and assist with adoptions.
• Coordinate dog playgroups with kennel associates and managers developing safety guidelines for various groups.
• Write stories and provide information to adoption team for hard to place dogs for the website.
• Have a working relationship to utilize kennel associates, with relation to behavior problems and training through group classes and one-on-one training.
• Go over trainer's daily dog observation books in order to make suggestions and any needed changes in protocols.
• Oversee, train and develop volunteer team that works on basic obedience with population dogs.
• Oversee, train and develop special volunteer team that works one-on-one with dogs with behavioral issues. (WoofKids Program)
• Prepare various weekly and monthly reports for the department manager. These reports to include dog status, training and puppy kindergarten class attendance and income report.
• Conduct safety training, obedience and orientation classes.
• Call adopters and provide advice when issues arise post-adoption trying to keep the dog in the home. Provide in-home consultations when needed.
• Various other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least two years previous experience working hands-on with canines in a shelter environment, veterinary facility or graduate of a dog trainer school
• Must be able to provide references
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you are interested.