Furkids strives to reduce the cycle of animals born on the streets to fend for themselves and those brought to animal control facilities.
An integral part of this mission is educating the community about spay/neuter of companion animals and Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) of community cats. TNR is a proven method of humanely and quickly reducing community cat populations. Please click here to read more about TNR or to request assistance.
We provide low-cost and free spay/neuter for community cats and companion pets for qualified caretakers and families in areas of systemic poverty and families who are facing job, medical, and food insecurities.
ADVANTAGES OF SPAYING & NEUTERING:
- Prevent unwanted kittens and puppies
- Prevent certain types of cancers and other serious illnesses
- Odor caused by unaltered males spraying disappears
- Behavioral issues are resolved or greatly reduced
- Altered pets roam less in search of mates
- The cost of spaying/neutering your pet is much cheaper than raising a litter of kittens or puppies for a full year.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.