Furkids houses over 1,000 rescue cats and dogs in our rescue program. Once you have located the animal you would like to adopt (online or through a PetSmart/Petco adoption center), the first step towards adopting is to fill out an adoption application. Our volunteers work hard to respond to all adoption applications as soon as possible. Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding our adoption policies and procedures. If you have any further questions regarding our adoption policies or procedures, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are your adoption fees?
Our Adoption Fees for Cats:
Cats 6 months+ are ALWAYS ADOPT ONE, GET A BUDDY FOR FREE!!!
$85 for one or two adult cats (6 months of age and older)
- $125 for one kitten (under 6 months of age), $200 for two, $250 for three, $300 for four
- $175 for one adult cat and one kitten
- $0 for senior cats (5 years and older), FeLV+ and FIV+ cats
- Individuals over 62 years of age will receive 15% off adoption fees
- Pricing for individuals in the military (with valid ID) is $0 for cats 6 months and older, and 50% off kittens under 6 months.
- SEE CAT ADOPTION PAGE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
Our Adoption Fees for Dogs:
- $300 for puppies 6 months and under
- $275 for adult dogs
- $75 adoption fee for senior dogs (8 years and older).
- Individuals over 62 years of age, military and first responders (EMT, firefighter, police) may adopt a dog for 15% off the traditional adoption rate beginning January 4, 2016.
- SEE DOG ADOPTION PAGE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
What is included in the adoption fee?
The adoption fee includes testing, complete (up to their current age) medical care, vaccinations, microchip, and spay/neuter. We will also give you, or mail to you, a copy of the animal’s medical records, which you can give to your vet.
All animals have the following vetting included in their adoption fee:
Combo test for cats/heartworm test for dogs
Earmite treatment (if needed)
What are your adoption policies & procedures?
You must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
Your current animals must be up to date on rabies and spayed or neutered.
Adoption applications may take up to 24 to 72 hours to process.
Our kittens (6 months and younger) require an animal companion in the home in most cases.
Please note that some of our cats and kittens are a part of a bonded pair, which cannot be separated.
Applicants are required to sign a binding adoption contract.