|Furkids needs the support of kind people to care for our animals and help us fulfill our mission. We welcome people of all ages. Volunteering at Furkids is a very rewarding experience. Getting started as a volunteer at Furkids involves just a few simple steps.
- Complete our online application.
- Once received our volunteer manager will contact you to discuss your interests and schedule your orientation and training.
- Before you arrive for training, please print our Volunteer Agreement Form and our Volunteer Code of Ethics. Read them carefully before signing and bring them with you to your training appointment.
Currently, our greatest needs are:
- We need people to volunteer at our main cat shelter every/any day of the week!
- Volunteers to help at our thrift store, which provides much needed funds for the shelter. Sorting, cleaning, organizing, and staging Mon-Fri 10-6 and Saturdays 10-5.
- Volunteers to speak to the public about our animals at various adoption centers and adoption events (especially Norcross Petsmart).
- Dog transportation drivers (Over 21) to bring dogs to adoption events one Saturday a month.