Blogs from January 2012
No, it's not officially "Year of the FIV+ Cat," but it certainly is here at Furkids, Inc.!
We have collectively and concertedly activated our super powers to declare that our most ardent resolution for 2012 is to do everything we can to get our FIV+ cats adopted into forever homes. We love them and they deserve it!
Our plans are to:
- Feature FIV+ cats more prominently on our web site and Facebook pages.
- Host scheduled open houses and encourage visits by appointment to our FIV House for anyone seriously considering adopting an FIV+ cat.
- Offer educational information on Feline Immunodeficiency Virus to help dispel many myths and concerns.
- Ask our supporters who have adopted FIV+ cats to share their stories of love and companionship with their pets.
To kick off our efforts, we earnestly invite you to become better acquainted with our FIV+ cats. Please consider either bringing one of these sweethearts into...READ MORE >
Furkids is excited to now be at the PETCO Sandy Springs adoption center, located at 5938 Roswell Road NE. We need volunteers to help support the center full-time.
Currently, we are housing adoptable cats at this location Fridays - Sundays only. We would like to start being there full-time as soon as we can in order to give our cats more exposure to potential adopters -- thus possibly expediting more cats into forever homes.
Volunteer duties would include:
- Socializing with the cats. This includes letting them out of their cages, engaging them in play, grooming them, petting them, giving them individual attention, allowing them to stretch their legs, etc. Socializers also do light cleaning duties and talk to potential adopters about the cats and Furkids' adoption policies/procedures.
- Cleaning the cat cages and the adoption room in which the cats are housed. This includes refreshing litter boxes, refreshing food and water bowls, making sure the cat beds and other cage linens...
Angela is definitely a Furkids Angel! This stunning black and orange tortie came to Furkids in May 2011 when her owner passed away. Angela is the official door greeter. She waits at the door to give you all the love in the world. Her favorite spot is in your lap, but she also loves to play in the water when the faucet is turned on. She is a great helper. She happily gets involved in whatever tasks you are doing. You can’t ignore Angela's beautiful blue-green eyes because she will let you know that she is there.
Sweet, gentle Angela gets along well with other cats, or would be fine as an only kitty who will give you her undivided attention. She wants nothing more than to find her forever home! Please consider adopting Angela before someone else scoops her up!READ MORE >
Furkids' Executive Director/Founder, Samantha Shelton, is named as one of the top 5 Heart-Warming Humans by Catster.com!!
A division of Dogster Media and founded in 2004 in San Francisco, Catster.com is an award-winning site that offers helpful online sources for all things cat related. They offer knowledgeable and trustworthy expert points-of-view as well as a vast wealth of opinions, advice, and wisdom from our large community of dog and cat owners. Their carefully selected publisher group represents the best in social media, humor, photo sharing, coupon delivery, image searching, pet adoption, information, mobile, video and retargeting. Dogster Media directly reaches more than 7 million pet owners monthly. Read their story about the Henry County Cats that Sam saved in late November.
A big well-deserved congratulations to Sam, and a "heart-warming" thank you to Catster.com for the accolade. Let's pay-it-back by "liking" them on Facebook, following their stories, and...READ MORE >