Dog Adoption Application
"During the entire month of May all cats one year and older have a reduced
adoption fee of only $45! Apply now for your new best friend, or two!"
"All chihuahua and chihuahua mix dogs will have their **adoption fee reduced
by 50% to $137.50! Apply now for your new best friend!"*"
What you need to know before you apply
We appreciate your interest in adopting a dog through Furkids/SmallDog Rescue. It’s in everyone’s best interest to ensure that you have all the critical information before starting the adoption process with us.
- You may not hear from us for a few days. Please be patient. We’re e-mail based and mostly volunteer based. We respond as rapidly as possible. If you haven’t heard from us after 2-3 days please check your spam or bulk mail folder in your e-mail, our e-mails can get stuck there. E-mail email@example.com if you have not heard from us after 3 days.
- The screening process usually takes one week. Applicants are approved to adopt only when they have completed the screening process, which includes an in-person meeting. Information not provided at the time of application (including vet, landlord, and reference contact info) will delay the process.
- Adoption fee is $275.00 for puppies and adults, which covers vaccinations, spay/neuter, and microchipping. Senior dogs over 8 years old have an adoption fee of $125.
- We will require a co-applicant for some situations (including, but not limited to: senior citizenship, military deployment, major medical considerations and employment that may require overseas transfer).
- You must be 21 or older to apply.
- We will ask for identification to verify age and address.
- You must provide the phone number for your current vet AND/OR for any vet you have used in the past five years. We will be contacting your vet/s. Lack of info on current/previous pets or contact info for your vet will delay the process.
- Not everyone is approved to adopt and we do get multiple applications on many dogs.
If you are comfortable with with the conditions outlined, please click here to start the application process
Thank you for your interest in a rescue dog. We look forward to working with you!