No, it’s not officially “Year of the FIV+ Cat,” but it certainly is here at Furkids, Inc.!
We have collectively and concertedly activated our super powers to declare that our most ardent resolution for 2012 is to do everything we can to get our FIV+ cats adopted into forever homes. We love them and they deserve it!
Our plans are to:
- Feature FIV+ cats more prominently on our web site and Facebook pages.
- Host scheduled open houses and encourage visits by appointment to our FIV House for anyone seriously considering adopting an FIV+ cat.
- Offer educational information on Feline Immunodeficiency Virus to help dispel many myths and concerns.
- Ask our supporters who have adopted FIV+ cats to share their stories of love and companionship with their pets.
To kick off our efforts, we earnestly invite you to become better acquainted with our FIV+ cats. Please consider either bringing one of these sweethearts into your home, or sharing this information with family and friends who may be thinking about adopting a cat in the near future. Also, please:
- Become a fan of our Furkids FIV House Facebook page.
- Browse our web listing of FIV+ cats available for adoption. We’ve got some GREAT characters!
- Read about a very happy adoption of not one, but TWO, of our FIV+ cats!
- Contact us with any questions about FIV or if you are interested in any of our FIV+ cats.
Finally, and most importantly, learn more about exactly what FIV is — and what it is NOT.
More to come…please continue to check back in with us!